Wednesday, July 13, 2011

apple-loupe

I often get too creative in the kitchen, ending in disaster. Last night, I was adding a baby-spoon full of curried lentils to a 4oz jar of chicken and my hubby said "that's not bananas I hope".

Anyways, I got curious and was defrosting some ice-cubes of cantaloupe puree I'd made yesterday and thought hmm how can I add a little something to it, as I'd not defrosted enough. So I added probably a tad under a cube's worth of organic, unsweetened, unflavored apple sauce. And a bit of oatmeal cereal as it was too thin. I cautiously mixed it, and tried it on my little guy. At first he gave an odd look, not quite his yuck face but certainly not the elated face he gets with chicken, banana, or blueberry. So I had to try it, plus he is more likely to eat it if I eat it. I took a spoonful and wow! apple-loupe is de-lish! I would have never thought that and have never heard of such an odd combo. After my like of it, he finished his apple-loupe snack :) I'm going to make this again.

After posting this I did research and no I'm not the only apple-loupe wierdo, here's a recipe for olde kids/adults since it has honey http://www.spiceroots.com/2011/06/friday-summer-fun-cantaloupe-apple-smoothie/