Monday, September 20, 2010

Gluten-Free everywhere but here

Why is in my state or at least everywhere within 100 miles, is not gluten-free friendly?

I'm on vacation in the Midwest and there are gluten-free pizzas, bakeries, and even stores carry GF products... like 2 breads and a bagel, granola bars, cereal bars, mac n cheese, cookies...

What the heck? Why must I suffer and live where GF are mail-order only, except for one kind of bread and, when I can find it, GF bisquit mix? I want my gf foods darnit! Well really I wish I didn't have to be GF but since that isn't happening...gimme GF please!

Oh but I did sin at a family meal..didn't want to be rude and I'd only eaten trail mix all day so I enjoyed lasagna and brownies, all full of gluten. My intestines will not thank me later but it did taste darn good to eat gluten since many gluten foods are tops on my list of favorite foods!