Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day Two: No Gluten

So gluten-free shopping is not as hard as I would think. Ok let me correct this...thank God for Trader Joe's! I think without TJ's I'd only be eating raw vegetables or something. But I can enjoy crackers, cereal, tortillas, noodles without gluten thanks to TJ's!

So so far I have had....
Day 1: non-hormone Chicken apple sausage and dark-yolk organic eggs
Beef taco in corn tortilla shell, a few fries (guilty pleasure)
Herb roasted lamb (herbs from my organic garden!), herb-roasted organic red potatoes, snap peas

Day 2: Same breakfast,
salad greens with bell pepper, walmuts, goat cheese, vinagerette
Organic, non RBST yogurt for a snack
Picanha (brazilian tri-tip...sorry not organic today, TJ's needs to get them!), organic salad with homegrown tomatoes, organic cumumber, and organic pea shoots, organic herb-marinated grilled zucchini, organic strawberries for dessert.

See, gluten free can be good. Moslty organic, all pronounceable ingredients can be good Food snob? Maybe, but maybe some are just jealous of my menu!

I just dread the eventual craving for homemade pizza, toast, and naan bread And I simply can't live without soy sauce in my Chinese food, but if I go light on it, I'm only half-cheating right? Oh well.
And TJ's needs to make eggplant parmesan without bread crumbs! For now I will have to make my own.