mmm....Delhi Palace.
How could I,as a child, never been exposed to Indian food? What an injustice! Of course both my parents hate Indian food so that must be why.
In college, I discovered Indian food and it has since been my favorite cuisine with its intricate spices. Move over "the best cuisine is French", Indian has your spot as those chefs work magic with spices and vegetables and make everything taste different and unique.
So I went to Delhi Palace today and gorged myself on their buffet. I am proud of myself as I was soo tempted to eat the naan bread! But I did not.
I instead had eggplant with potatoes, saag paneer (creamed spinach), pakora (chickpea-flour fried veggies), vegetable korma (mixed veg in a cashew-spice-cream sauce), a bit of chicken tikki masala (tandoor-cooked chicken in a savory sauce), and daal (lentils). I sware I'm the only white person that goes for daal. It is not the bland dirt-tasting lentil soup of childhood, but like chili. Oh and I ha gulab jamum (solidified milk balls in syrup...they taste like tres leches cake) and gujjar halwa (carrots, nuts fudge all rolled into one). yum yum yum. And somewhat healthy to boot.