Monday, June 6, 2011

Middle Eastern Chickpea Salad

Another eye-balling it, sheer luck attemp although I have a love-hate with this recipe. I try it and think ehhh...don't really like it...kinda weird...and yet I keep going back for more.

1 can chick peas. I don't know the size, just the normal can size
about 1/3 package baby carrots sliced into thin rounds
2 tsp cilantro (2 of my infamous useful frozen cubes)
put in microwave 3-5 minutes to kind of get the dish warm. Meanwhile make your dressing...

here's where it gets real approximate. About a tablespoon lemon or line juice. Preferably lemon. Add about...hmm...go light, you can double up the spice after trying it. 1/2 tsp smoked paprika, 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/4 tsp cayenne, pinch of salt, 1/4 c??? maybe less, olive oil. You don't want it heavy and oily but enough that it coats and you kinda taste the oil. Mix. Pour on top of chickpea mix, stir, taste. Add double the spice if desired. Chill as the flavors melt when chilled.